Saturday, February 4, 2012

THE SWEET SMELL OF CHRISTMAS BOOK

The Sweet Smell of Christmas (Scented Storybook)

Looking for a great children's Christmas book for ages 2 and up?  Then you need to pick up a copy of Smelly Bear!  Sounds a bit gross?  That's actually what my children nicknamed this classic scratch and sniff book "The Sweet Smell of Christmas" by Patricia Scarry.  This was and still is my children's absolute favorite, even now that they are all grown up.  The story is timeless as Little Bear delights in the various smells that make up Christmas - an apple pie, a pine tree (my personal favorite), a candy cane, a gingerbread boy cookie, a cup of hot chocolate and an orange in his stocking.  The book is filled with these oh so yummy scratch and sniff elements.  My kids read it so often they eventually scratched all the smells right off the pages.  A few years ago,  I bought each of them a brand new one and placed it in their stockings and it still brought just as much joy to them as adults as it did when they were little.  This book has been a true joy to read with my family.  Who knew a "Smelly Bear" could smell so good!

I usually purchase my books through Amazon for convenience. But, I've bought this book at local book stores and got lucky once at Marshall's.  If you would like to purchase this book from Amazon click below...

The Sweet Smell of Christmas (Scented Storybook)

Want more gift ideas?  Please click below...
Pineapples & Palm Trees

                                                                ~ Debbie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment