Tuesday, February 28, 2012

FESTIVE ORNAMENT DISPLAYS




Finished decorating your tree and have a few ornaments leftover you don't know what to do with?   A festive way to display those holiday baubles is by utilizing serving pieces from your kitchen cabinet.  I bought these mini domed cake stands at Marshall's as a fun way to serve desserts.  But, after about a year the novelty wore off and the cake stands started gathering dust in the closet.  So I re-purposed them, filling them with bright Christmas balls to add glamour to a tabletop.



Another one of my favorite things to do is to fill apothecary jars with them.  I love how their graceful shape add instant elegance to any room in the house.  I place artificial snow in the bottom of the jar and mound ornaments on top of the snow.  Most department stores have a large variety of apothecary jars as well as discount stores like Home Goods, TJMaxx and Marshall's.



It can also be fun to tuck ornaments in unexpected places for an element of surprise.  I sit them in glassware in my dining room cabinet for additional sparkle.  Finding new homes for your unused ornaments is a great way to add extra detail and glimmer to your Christmas decor!

Want more creative ideas?  Please click below...
Pineapples & Palm Trees

                                                            ~ Debbie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment