Sunday, January 29, 2012

WHITE CHRISTMAS VIDALIA ONION DIP





When entertaining I like to be able to stop running around the kitchen when my guests arrive and start relaxing with them.  So I tend to serve appetizers that I can make well in advance and either serve cold right out of the fridge or warm right out of the oven.  At a party recently, I knew this recipe would become a new staple for me as I watched the hostess place it on the table bubbling hot from the oven.  It's creamy, hot, and filled with more cheese than you can imagine (if that were possible)!  Having made it many times, I can tell you that it will go fast and is so easy to make.  Enjoy!

                                                             INGREDIENTS

             3 Cups Vidalia Onions (Diced) - When out of season I use Onions labelled "Sweet"
                                              1 1/2  Cups Shredded Swiss Cheese
                                       1 1/2  Cups Shredded/Grated Gruyere Cheese
                                         2 Cups Mayonnaise  - I use Light Hellman's
                                          1 Cup Grated Parmesan Reggiano Cheese
                                                  1 French Baguette or Crackers
                                                   Parsley (Fresh) for Garnishing

Makes a large 9.5 inch Pyrex or Chantal pie dish.  During holidays I use Chantal Bakeware that comes in different shapes and colors.  The Christmas Tree Chantal Bakeware I used in the photograph came from Home Goods.  It holds 2 cups so I only used 1/2 of all the ingredients in the recipe.

INSTRUCTIONS:

STEP 1:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium mixing bowl combine 3 Cups Vidalia Onions
diced, 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Swiss Cheese, 1 1/2 Cups Shredded/Grated Gruyere Cheese and
2 Cups Mayonnaise stirring together well.  Then place in baking dish.

STEP 2:  Sprinkle 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Reggiano Cheese on top of combined ingredients prepared in Step 1. 

STEP 3:  Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

STEP 4:  Remove from oven & cool for a few minutes.  Then garnish top with Parsley and serve with sliced & toasted French Baguette or Crackers.

Want more recipe ideas?  Please click below...
Pineapples & Palm Trees

                                                         ~ Debbie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment